Friday, June 18, 2010

Abigail Valeria Menefee...

You are precious!
You are chosen!
You are a jewel!
You are highly favored!
You are the daughter of the Highest King!
You are LOVED by Jesus and your family!

WHEW…I spent most of the day sorting/cleaning which is NOT my favorite thing to do. Don't you love though how you feel when it's complete? After being in the steamy attic this morning, scrounging through large storage bins, sorting through baby clothes, getting hot and dirty...I found the most beautiful items! I found the sweet dresses that our Bella wore when she was one. I found floral burp clothes, folded perfectly...so sweet. I found shoes and then more shoes for Abi!!! This girl is gonna have some style…watch out!

DREFT...is there a better smell in the world?! I had forgotten the warmth I feel after having washed a load of baby clothes. So fresh and delicious! I washed every item from the storage bins and tucked them safely in the armoire that the girls will share in their room. What a treasure she will be to us. At some moments, I feel that I can already smell her after a bath. I see our children playing with her and loving her. I can hear her cry for love and attention. I can hear her talk and giggle! Her documents stated that she smiles ALOT and loves music! She will fit in perfectly in our home! What a gift she will be to all of us!

THANKSGIVING…"Thank you sweet Jesus for allowing us to have Abigail Valeria Menefee as our daughter! Thank you for choosing her for us! Thank you for the love that she will know and feel instantly! Thank you for calling us to adoption! Thank you for her birth mother who somehow made it to the hospital to birth her/our Valeria! Thank you for her name which means, STRENGTH! Thank you Father for the gift of LIFE! To GOD be all the glory!!! Amen"


4 comments:

Daniels Family - Richly and Abundantly Blessed said...

Absolutely ecstatic for you guys!! Of course, I am little partial to the name. It is such a beautiful one!! We look forward to seeing pics of her and your family! Love you guys!!

Kelly said...

So glad that you're posting updates on the blog for us all to follow. I loved reading the story of how you got to this point and look forward to all of the wonderful moments ahead!

Denae said...

She is so loved by her mama already....and lots of other people too! What a blessed little girl she is!!

Shannon said...

Ruth, you are doing a great job on the blog!! Abi is a blessed girl coming to the Menefee home. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all become a family of 5...soon!