Friday, September 3, 2010

Love Letter...

My Dearest Abi,

Seven weeks ago today (Thursday, 9.2.2010), you were placed in my arms. You were tired and did not want to wake from your nap and be handed to me. You were not happy but you looked darling. Your foster mother, who you called, "Mama", did a great job getting you ready for our "Gotcha Day." You had on a cute green, dress with piggies in your hair...right on the top of your head. I think you wondered how the family in the photo book, was now standing in front of you. We were told that you loved us in the video that we prepared for you and also in the photo album. Your foster mother said you would get a sucker and share it with Daddy..pressing the sucker on the album up to his face. But there he stood in person! So tall. So handsome. You've loved him since day one and I'm so thankful you have for he loves you greatly in return!

We were all a bit nervous because we knew on that day, July 15, 2010, all of our lives would change. Life has certainly changed. Two days ago, you were a bear and got in trouble several times. You looked at me as if to say, "who's in charge here?" Hopefully, I let you know that I am. :) Today, you've been as sweet as chocolate pie. You've obeyed beautifully. You said "more" in sign language and with your mouth, "mo", for the first time today! You put things back where you found them. You haven't ripped your hair bow off your head. You've smiled alot and I even see an 11th tooth coming in! You are growing fast and you're amazingly smart! Dena even said that you seem to be developmentally off the charts. Yay for Abi! Perfectly formed in your mother's womb and then sent to our hearts.

When Rocky comes in the back door, you immediately squeal with pleasure. You race over to him with those short legs of yours and touch his face. Surprisingly, he doesn't seem to mind, gives you a look, licks your hand and you're off and running again. I'm glad you and Rocky love each other so much!

Seven weeks later and it seems you've been with us forever!

We sure love you Abigail Valeria,
Mommy, Daddy, Dos (Josh) & Be (Bella)

4 comments:

Dena said...

love this, love her...love you all.

pepper said...

Precious!

laurie shelton said...

what a wonderful legacy you are leaving for that sweet girl!!

Denae said...

I got goose gumps reading this...7 weeks already! You are so loved, Abi!!