Monday, November 15, 2010

Josh & Abi...

You MUST know the outcome for Joshua...

For weeks Josh had been practicing his percussion instruments to prepare for ALL REGION BAND.

On November 6th, the competition began at 7:30am. He was nervous but felt confident that he knew the music.

He called at 12:30pm and said that he had completed his part of the competition. When he got home he said that he would find out on Monday if he "made it." Of course, that's about all you get out of an almost 13year old boy. I wanted DETAILS but there were none. Bruce later wrote his percussion coach and thanked him for helping Josh, no matter the outcome of the competition, we were appreciative of his help with Josh.

He soon wrote back:
"Did Josh not hear how he did? I figured one of the students would have contacted him. If y'all didn't know already Josh was ranked 8th out of 67 kids. He was the 2nd highest ranked 7th grader and highest ranked Evans 7th grader. You should be very proud. He did awesome today!"

Josh said that on the following Monday, when he entered Band class, everyone cheered for him and some even gave him hugs! I'M SO PROUD OF HIM!!!!!!!

The same day, at 1:00pm we had our Post Placement meeting with a lady from Gladney Center for Adoption. Amy walked in and said, "I'm going to sit on the floor so I can be closer to Abi. Maybe she will play with me." She asked us all the usual questions...Is she sleeping?...What does she weigh?...Do you feel Abi's adjusted?...etc... Within minutes, Abi was in Amy's lap, playing with her, talking to her, doing all her "tricks" (Where are your eyes, ears, tummy, etc...? Can you say Josh, Momma, etc....? What does Rocky say...wuff wuff" Abi was perfect! She was charming, cute, funny, confident. So were Josh and Bella. They entered in and gave their thoughts, honest opinions and 45 minutes later she left. We are so proud of Abi's adjustment and the love she shows us and openly receives from us!

Since that time, a week or so ago, Bella recovered from a sinus infection...Josh received it as did Abi. Abi also got her THIRD double ear infection. All of them are on the mends now and doing well. I've missed church two weeks in a row and Ladies Bible Study for three weeks now...bummer. I feel out of the loop with friends but the time spent with our kids at home was sweet.

Much love to all,
Ruth

1 comment:

Karen Brown Hughes said...

Ruth...I so love reading your blog. Your heart for your family overwhelms me, and I am blessed by each entry I read.

Just wanted to let you know that there are women out here reading your blog, and being blessed....learning and growing in their faith because of your words.

You have a BEAUTIFUL family! I know you have been told this many times, but Abi really does look like you!:)

Miss you guys and praying for you.
K. Hughes