Saturday, August 14, 2010

Abi in Lubbock...

Abi has greatly enjoyed being in Lubbock with us! When she woke the first morning in our house, she was very happy! She slept through the night! Daddy woke with her since it was 6am. He had his usual coffee and she had her usual banana and yogurt. They also went on a neighborhood walk. They continue to enjoy their mornings together! Bruce is such a sweet Daddy!

We've all been amazed at how she seems to be right at home. She doesn't mess with the books in the basket on the coffee table. She touched a plant that is near her heigth but didn't harm it at all. She's busy walking around but not busy exploring so much that she's destructive. She loves the big windows that cover our back wall in the living area. She loves opening and closing the top drawer of the small, green, side table in our living room. She loves her bath in the BIG bathtub and with her new toys! She loves her new baby snacks...Gerber Graduates...Peach Melts, Biter Biscuits, Lil Crunchies (veggie dip flavor) and Puffs (apple cinnamon). She's a good eater IF you let her feed herself. We hand her a whole banana and she eats the whole thing (well, not the peel, of course)! Give her an entire chicken nugget and she takes bites off of it but please don't cut it up and put it in front of her. She's independent and confident. I love it!

Yesterday, we went swimming at Body Works (family fun center/gym). She had her cute and snug pink swimsuit on and was a bit hesitant about getting in the water. After she was wet though and being spun around by Maria and/or Dena, she was happy, happy! Celia Davis, a dear and special friend of ours, came by Body Works to meet Abi! I thought that was special for her to come out of her way to see Mother and Abi! For dinner, we were blessed by Ron & Danette Weller...Italian supper loaf, Salad and Banana Pudding! It was delicious!!! We enjoyed it so very much! I'm still tired and still unpacking so the joy of receiving dinner is amazing! What an unexpected treat!!!

Abi's sleeping really well. Bruce left to officiate a funeral in NM yesterday for his Aunt Florene. He will return today. We've all missed him so much and will be glad when he returns TODAY and with ROCKY!!! Last night, Mom rocked Abi to sleep and she was out from 9pm-7:45am this morning! That's my girl! She continues to wake up so very happy. You can't help but smile when she looks at you with those big, dark, brown eyes and her grin showing 6 baby teeth in front!

My Mom watched the kids last night while Maria and I went to see Eat, Pray, Love (with Julia Roberts) at the movie. Dena and Denae met us there and it was nice to be out with girlfriends. None of us cared too much for the movie as it was far too "off" what we believe to be truth found only in Jesus. But, we did have a good time together. I found that the movie reminded me to take each experience and those that I've recently met as having been "teachers" in my life. Vicky, Doris, Lillia, Nora, Barbara, Joanna, Naicy, Irma...all the beautiful women and men that I met in Colombia, taught ME many things. I want to be reminded of those things. I didn't just receive another beautiful daughter while in Colombia. I got a bucket full of experiences to be kept near to my heart. I can STILL experience them daily...in my thoughts and prayers. I was in (many) tears by the end of our chat together after the movie. I'm so thankful for my girlfriends. If you're a woman and don't have girlfriends, you better ask the Lord to bless you with some!!!

Abi is cutting her 8th tooth. It's on the top right side, further back. While holding a small flashlight today and having a great time with it, she accidentally knocked her lip, over her front teeth on top. Oh, she cried and cried. It was bleeding so I put a cold rag on it. She was already tired so she was a very sad girl. I gave her a baby aspirin and she finally fell asleep for her afternoon nap. (She's sleeping behind me while I type!) ;)

We skipped her morning nap today and decided it would be more fun to go shopping! Six girls and JOSH...poor guy! He did better than "well"...he pulled the stroller out of the car, buckled Abi in it, carried bags for me and served me beautifully. Oh, how I love Josh! We did some school shopping and got the kids some fun new clothes! I LOVE shopping for my kids! I had a 40% off coupon for the Gap and we fully took advantage of it!!! Wow! Abi slept her in stroller and didn't have a care in the world. We ate at Chick-Fil-A...her first time and she loved it...and we got a cookie! Fun times!

Bella so enjoyed having her dearest friend, Alayna, here and was in tears when they drove away today. She loves deeply, like me. She's precious. She was a bit jealous when Alayna wanted to play with Abi but she tried to be patient. I have to remind her that people want to get to know her sister as well as they know her and that they are BOTH very special to everyone (Josh too!). Thanks to those of you that are showing extra love and attention to Josh and Bella, especially Josh! They need it and as their Mama, I'm soo thankful for your love for them!

I'll end with praise for Abi...she's not pinched Bella in 1.5 days now! She's really been a jewel.

We're a happy, family of FIVE!!!

Much love, Ruth

5 comments:

J Love said...

Thats so funny about the pinching Bruce said she was spicy and not scared to show it.

Pamela said...

So excited for you guys and sounds like the adjustment is going well for all! Bless God for His goodness.

Love you guys,

Pamela

pepper said...

Your Columbian adventure is over for now, but this is just the beginning of the every-day, "normal" adventure. Thanks for sharing your time with us. Your blog has really been a blessing to me and I think it's great that you are going to keep it up. Love you and I'll continue praying for your family and peace with adjusting to the new "normal".

Denae said...

I am so glad you are still writing. The journey is just beginning!! I loved seeing Abi running towards you and reaching for you this morning at church...she LOVES her mama so much and she is SO happy. Josh and Bella seem to be adjusting really well too...you are right, they are great kids!

Dena said...

I have loved being part of her first days back in Lubbock...she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. She is yours...wow