New Friends ~
We woke by our new neighbor screaming at her kids in Spanish. The couple next door to us are from Italy. They are in the process of adopting two girls who are sisters. They are six and eight years old. They were in an orphanage before being placed with their forever family. We've heard that it's usually an easier transition for those that come from an orphanage because they aren't "attached" to anyone. However, maybe because these girls are older, it's been a greater challenge for the new parents. I feel badly for them as you can see how tired they are...much like I felt last night after Abi melted down, during dinner, in front of everyone. The owner of Hotel Paris, Kathy, said that the girls can't be settled down. They've taken the curtains down in their room and unloaded the suitcases with thrown clothes laying everywhere. They yell when they are playing and are extremely hyper. Again, they seem very friendly to us and sweet but there is something in them that needs to be released. I'm praying the parents are able to minister the power of Jesus to their girls. The blood of Jesus can change anything and anyone!!
Another couple we've met here are from France. They've adopted the CUTEST boy you've ever seen! He has the biggest, brown eyes and they are just dreamy as they sit on top of his chubby cheeks!!! His name is David. He's 16 months old and doesn't yet crawl, much less stand or walk. They were amazed when they saw Abi charge across the room, fall, get back up, on her own and begin walking quickly again. He, too, is from an orphanage and obviously spent much of his time in his crib. I encouraged her and said, he would come along..they all do!
I'm not sure if I've mentioned the couple from Spain. We met them the first night we were here. Agustin, the father, was friendly and willing to speak in English to us. His wife, Maite, is a beautiful woman...long, black hair, cute clothes and exquisite jewelry with a beautiful smile. They adopted siblings...Luisa is six and Juan is four. Kathy told us when they arrived, these kids were "wild" and their parents stayed consistent with love and discipline. She's watched them make a big turn around! :) This family went home yesterday after lunch. They wanted their picture made with us and gave me their email address. I thought that was sweet. They were sooo happy to be heading back to Spain! Bruce really enjoyed Agustin's company each day during meals. Beautiful family!
Joe and Leah are from Minnesota. They've adopted their first child and he's such a sweet heart! His name is Cole. Leah is just beautiful and has the sweetest spirit. Joe comes across quiet, at first, but then opens right up. They offered to walk me and the kids to Carulla on our arrival day...very kind people! We wish we had the blessing of knowing this couple better but having spent only 4 days at Hotel Paris, time hasn't allowed.
The last one that I'll mention is Cresta and her beautiful daughter, Kariana. Cresta is a loving Mommy. Her husband and other two children left Bogota after having stayed for three weeks. I believe she has a friend or relative coming soon to be with she and the baby. She's always smiling and although quiet is outwardly full of love for her new, baby girl!
If you adopt from "Bogota", you are more than likely, "in country" for 6-8 weeks...we can't even imagine. "Thank you Lord for our region, Medellin, and the speedy process we experienced! Four weeks is enough! We need to be home and thank You ahead of time for patience, safety, love given towards each other and a place to call "home!"
Bruce just came in the door with the BIGGEST SMILE!!! ABI'S VISA IS IN HAND! WE CAN LEAVE TOMORROW AND GO HOME!!! Josh is sitting on his bed, listening to music. Bella is playing a Barbie game on her DS, next to me. We just got Abi to "settle" enough to have her afternoon nap. She wanted to play instead. She's laying between Bella and I, on her tummy, with her head propped up on her right arm...DELICIOUS! She's been a great girl today. I think the trip to Villavicencio wore her out...thus the reason for her madness last night.
Oh, this tiger, we have by the tail, is our precious, Colombian Jewel!
I may or may not write again before we leave tomorrow. Our flight leaves at 7:55am and we have to arrive THREE hours early. Jaime, our interpreter, will arrive at FOUR A.M. to pick us up and take us to the airport...OH MY GOODNESS! The only other time I woke at 3am was to make a flight to Chicago to get to the Oprah Show! I'm sure our adrenaline will carry us pretty far tomorrow.
Would love to see you at the Continental Airlines, baggage claim area tomorrow! We land at 3:44pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE LOVE YOU AND WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'VE BEEN ON THIS, MONTH LONG, JOURNEY WITH US!!!!!
~ Abi's, fulfilled Mommy ~ Ruth



1 comment:
I can't wait to meet Abi. I have talked to Maria through facebook and I am looking forward to meeting her soon. Love you guys!!
Lindsey-Lou
Post a Comment