Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Blues...by Rocky (our dog) to Josh

Hi Josh,
I was really happy when we finally headed out the door for our walk this morning. I had a hard time convincing Grandma that it was time to go. You know, our afternoon walk yesterday was earlier. Grandma said it was a little too early and I have to admit it was still pretty hot. I was panting most of the way. When we got home, Grandma turned on her new hand sprinkler and put it on "Mist". She put it out in front of me and then slowly began bringing it in closer until I was feeling the sprinkles on my hed and back. You know, it felt really good. To end it all, she brushed me and then told me how pretty and curly my hair was. I miss going swimming in the pond your Dad takes me to.
So, after we walked, Grandma seemed to eat a fast breakfast and said she was going to meet other ladies at the church. I'm glad you wrote and told me that is what people do. Now I don't think Grandma is so weird but I sure wish it didn't last so long. When I asked Grandma why people went to church more than once, she said some people do only go once a year but for her that wasn't enough. She said it was about something called a "relationship" with God and worshiping Him. Do you know what she told me? During a time called Lent there are noon-day services at the Episcopal Church and there is a dog that comes! Really! She belongs to the church secretary and sits in the pew with some people she knows. She goes every Sunday too. I wonder why Grandma doesn't take me?
I'm glad I'm not in Dallas today. Grandma said it was 106 there and it is only 93 here. I hear you saw a Pet Parade. I wish I could have been there. I would chase the cats and try to make friends with the dogs if they understand English barking. Here's another dog story for you: Grandma knew a lady who spoke to her Mexican Chihauhua in Spanish. She would say, "Aqui" instead of "come" and stuff. I guess that's how they talk to dogs in Colombia too. She said it was pretty funny here 'cause no one else did it.
I feel another nap coming on so more later.
Love,
Rocky

No comments: