We attended church with Mark & Barbara Stringer this morning. They came to pick us up at 9:30 and we arrived to a sweet fellowship of believers. The music was lively and the sermon, I suppose, was wonderful. ;) I'm kidding. I understood he was speaking about a parable from Luke but that was about it. Bruce understood most of it. He's so awesome. Such a missionary at heart. He can eat ANYTHING and in ANY country. He makes friends everywhere he goes (okay, I do too). He says he speaks no Spanish but yet he continues to communicate with most people wherever we go. Man, I love that guy!
After church, they had a little area where everyone went over and paid .50 for a good sized piece of cake. It was a fundraiser for a retreat they are hosting soon. The cake was good and the kids thought it was great to eat cake before having lunch. Abi ate almost an entire piece after having slept through almost all of the service. I love that she sleeps during church! It makes for a very pleasant lunch on Sundays! We had invited Mark & Barbara Stringer to lunch today and had hoped that Joanna and her kids would also come (Andrew, her husband, is still out of town). They all came, along with Sandra and her son, Anthony...Mark & Barbara's daughter and grandson. It was wonderful to chat with them too. So there were thirteen of us and we had planned to treat everyone. You will not believe what we paid for lunch?!! $30! Unbelievable! And, we brought food home for lunch tomorrow. Our family eats at Rosa's Cafe for $30...just four of us. It was awesome!
Here's something new for you...they had a pet parade today. You could bring any of your pets and walk in the parade. Did we attend the pet parade? Well, no! But we did see some pretty cute dogs while having lunch IN the restaurant!!! I kid you not, there were dogs, some on leashes, some not, roaming the restaurant, staying somewhat near their owners. I was glad we went upstairs where there was only one dog near us, instead of the clan downstairs. The kids loved it! Abi loved it! She squealed with excitement! I wasn't bothered by this new idea UNTIL I noticed some type of liquid under the table a few feet from us. I asked Josh, "What in the world is that?!!! OMGosh!" He laughed, and said that a coke had spilled. Thank goodness it was coke.
After church and lunch we returned to our apartment and had naps. When I woke, both girls were out of my bed. I slept for at least 3 hours. Oh, how I needed it! Bruce took Abi to the mall to take a walk and it rained so when they returned they were both wet. She's so cute when she's wet. She's also so laid back that it didn't bother her a bit to be wet. (They weren't drenched but even being a little wet is bothersome to me.) What a great girl and Daddy! Josh and Bella stayed here and played during that time.
Bruce made french toast for dinner and I cleaned up afterwards. It was sooo good! Muy delicioso! The rest of the evening was laid back...Josh played on his itouch. Bella watched Sister Act on her dvd player. Bruce watched a movie on TV and I bathed Abi. Our shower is smaller here and we didn't have the pink bath tub for her because it belongs to the hotel BUT...I was prepared! I remembered her foster mothers notes stating that she bathed Abi in a small, inflatable swimming pool. I had it! Josh blew it up and she had the best bath! She enjoys bath time and is such a dumplin with all her chubbies showing!
I think it's worth suggesting that if you have a CLOTHES DRYER, you should stop right here and now and thank Jesus for it! I did another load of laundry but my load from yesterday is still hanging and not yet dry. Hmmm....this is an interesting concept...hanging your clothes to dry on 4 little bars and with out an air conditioner to push air through the room. Yes, I could open the window but then I'd have mosquitos in the kitchen where the washer is located. No bueno. It rained here most of today so believe me, the mosquitos are out! We all get bit daily, well, except for Josh. I guess, he's not sweet enough. They are maddening, these dumb mosquitos. Bruce suggests that Bella and I wear OFF (insect repellant) to bed but I don't think I could sleep with sticky all over me. And for the Mom's out there that are thinking, why doesn't she use a dryer sheet...we don't have any, nor do we need them without a dryer. ;)
The girls sleepover has already begun in our room. Bruce said it's the last night for our girls sleepovers and that he's coming back to our room tomorrow. If our tiger lilly stays on the track of sleeping better, that will work great! If not, away he will go to another room and bed to find rest.
Pray for baby girl tomorrow! She has to get one more shot before leaving Colombia...chicken pox vaccination. She will also have her visa picture made tomorrow. It should be pretty funny because she has to wear a solid, black shirt, no earrings, no headbands or bows and sit with a straight face. I couldn't find a solid black shirt for her so she will be wearing Bella's. A bit big but it will work. :) Vicky will pick Abi and I up at 10am tomorrow. Wonder what Bruce will do with Josh and Bella?!
Today was a good day. Our precious tiger lilly bonded with us on a deeper level today. She was near perfect. No fits. She only pinched Bella once and decided not to do that again, after having been shown how that feels. She had good naps. She ate well. She's a jewel. I told her tonight, while we were dancing in the living area that she was stuck with us...I'm keeping her FOREVER!
love to all ~
PS. One of my most favorite parts of last night and today is having Josh next to me while I blog. We giggle together and get our alone time together. He's such a wonderful kid!



5 comments:
Beautiful! I know that sleep makes everything better. I also know what it's like for the babies {or baby} to finally let you sleep and then have to get up for another child. Ha! But that's LIFE and it's a good one! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!
We got our sweet girls passport & visa picture made. We didn't know she had to have a dark blue or black shirt. We ended up paying $10.00 for 1 navy colored onsie she will most likely never wear again---oh well :)
It was fun trying to get her to sit still & look & not make a face at the man (she will be 6 months on friday). We got it though :)
Glad you all got some rest. Praying things go well for you all tonight, too.
Blessings, Kelly
hi menefees it is calys
glad to hear yall got some rest hopefully the rest of the trip will be the same. i will continue praying for more bonding AND rest mucho Amor from me to you calys
Hi Menefee Party of 5....
It was great reading of your weekend adventures with the little tiger lily. I absolutely love that name w/ a metaphor twist. Congratulations on the apartment that gives you some space - i enjoyed reading that Josh & Bella immediately "set it up". I would too! Interesting details of the mall - bet you can't wait for a stein mart sale! Alayna loved the details of the Pet Parade and that Abi squealed. That must have been a fun sight! We will pray for Abi's shots tomorrow and continued rest for all of you. It feels that you are thousands of miles away....I know you are - but usually the distance doesn't feel so distant. Hurry back! We Adore Each of You - Maria, Todd, Alayna & Emma Kate
Bless your heart I cannot even imagine what it is like to not have a dryer,no sleep and move all in the same weekend. You need the mom of the year award! What a great family to rally together and make it the best. Miss you a bunch.
Post a Comment