Monday, August 9, 2010

Our last Monday in Colombia...

We are thrilled to say that this is our last Monday in Colombia. While we were in Medellin, I had no desire to leave Colombia but today, we are ALL ready to get home!!!

GREAT NEWS...
I received great news today!!!!! Many of you will be at the airport to greet us! I'm excited about this and am humbled by your love for us! So excited that I have Kevin Rhoads coming to video our homecoming with Abi! Thanks Kevin! Continental Airlines...coming into Lubbock from Houston at 3:44pm THIS Wednesday!!!

I also received news that Dena and Denae have put together a meal calendar for us. Who knew?!! I had no idea we would be treated as if I had birthed a baby in Lubbock at the hospital! Wow!!! Such love!

Delicious news...Elizabeth is bringing her HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS OVER on Thursday morning...oh, soooo excited!!!!

More news...Dena made me a nail appointment for Thursday...you have no idea how great this news is to me. Thanks Dena!!!

A day full of wonderful news!

We stayed in most of today and that felt good. The staff here washed our clothes which is appreciated after our weekend of sweat and dirt. The staff is just wonderful!!! I blogged this morning for hours and hours while Bruce took Abi to the American Embassy to apply for her visa! We are all ready to get to our Lubbock soil! She was a good girl on their outing and came back with smiles. Some people go to the Embassy and wait hours and hours before they are seen. Bruce was back within a couple hours...thank You, Jesus! While he was gone, I took the kids to Carulla for snacks! They love it when they get to go with ME for snacks! Me too!!! We got Ritz crackers, granola bars, peanuts, Snickers and wafer cookies for our flights home! It may have been our last trip to Carulla...disturbing!

It was chilly today, especially with the wind but we had to get out. We went to the park this afternoon. When we walked up, Josh and Bella ran off to play. Abi was in her stroller and we approached the bench to sit down. A sweet, Colombian lady...in her 70's, I'm sure...dressed warmly in black pants and a black grandma type sweater...hair pulled back in a bun...gold jewelry lined her neck and two of her fingers...the sweetest woman you've ever seen...began speaking in Spanish as fast as possible!!! She was precious!!! So outgoing! She insisted that I sit beside her and went on to speak more Spanish. I interrupted her and said, "Los sientos, no habla Espanol." and she kept going. I told her at least two more times but she smiled and kept talking. I know she understood that I couldn't understand her but she kept talking. She just loved Abi...they smiled at each other alot. Abi loved the cold wind on her face. Josh and Bella made up an obstacle course on the playground and did it over and over. The sweet lady finally stopped talking and had to go. We hugged and off she went....interesting. Our park time ended when Josh fell off the monkey bars and onto the ground. He hurt his tail bone and right elbow. He was scratched up and crying but an hour later, he didn't know he had fallen. ;)

When it was time for dinner, Abi decided to throw an absolute fit. OMGosh!!! We sat down, as usual. She was in her high chair and we were given roasted chicken, salad and homemade potato chips. She loves all of these food items!! However, when it was time to eat, she had her eyes on ONE thing...THE OBA DRINK (grape soda). She DEMANDED it. I gave her a tiny sip and then said, "Eat some of your food and you can have another sip." NO WAY! SHE WOULDN'T HAVE IT! She threw a fit and wouldn't eat...not anything! She pointed to the drink and I gave her the same answer. She went off the charts...her look was of shock! I said, "I was sorry but that's the way it goes. You eat some and you can have a special drink." She looked at me with disgust. I let her cry. The crying was quite annoying so Bruce took her out of the dining area...there were many others in the room. Who knows what they were thinking?! Quite honestly, I didn't care. They returned when she stopped crying. Back in the high chair, some of her favorite foods in front of her and guess what she wanted?!! The purple drink. I offered everything else on the table and she'd shake her head, "no." I gave the same answer and she scream cried AGAIN. I wanted to scream...we all did! Long story short, she wouldn't eat, she wore herself out and fell asleep at 7:40pm. I pray she still sleeps through the night!!!

Josh played on his Itouch this evening while Bella played "make believe" and did dances for me. She went from the scene of being in a dance recital to being a teenager..."with my very own cell phone and computer!" Such great kids!!

That's it for us! Tomorrow is our last day in Colombia...a month in another country, coming to an end.

He is faithful!

2 comments:

Julie (PA) said...

I don't want this "story" to end!!! ;o)

Calys Jimenez :) said...

OMGosh love the pics i am ready to see what joy God has given to such a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!

B-BEAUTIFUL IN GOD'S WORD!
R-RELIABLE(LIKE YOUR WIFE)!
U-UNFORGETABLE!
C-CRAZY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY!
E-gr{E}at AT LOVING FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

R-RELIABLE!
U- U R SUCH A JOY!
T-THOUGHTFUL!
H-HAPPY ALL THE TIME!

J-JOY TO BE AROUND!
O- O SUCH A GOOD BIG BROTHER!
S-SO OBEDIANT TO GOD!
H-HAPPY ALL THE TIME(LIKE YOUR MOM)!

B-BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY!
E-gr{E}at AT LOVING FAMILY AND FRIENDS(LIKE YOUR DAD)!
L-LOVABLE!
L-LIKABLE!
A-a great NEW BIG SISTER!

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD!!!!!...........

A-A CUT KID!
B-BEAUTIFUL!
I-s{I}lly!
G-GOD'S GIRL!
A-A SWEETIE-PIE!
I-cut{I}e!
L-LITTLE MISS CUTIE!

V-VERY SMART!
A-A GOOD GIRL!
L-lOVABLE(LIKE YOUR BIG SIS)!
E-gr{E}at GIRL!
R-REALLY PRETTY
I-beaut{I}ful!
A-A JOY TO BE AROUND(LIKE YOUR BIG BRO)!

M-MUCHO AMOR FOR EVERYBODY!!!
E-gr{E}at FAMILY!!!
N-NICE PEOPLE!!!
E-gr{E}at ATTITUDE ALL THE TIME!!!
F-un{F}orgetable family!!!
E-gr{E}at HEARTS FOR GOD!!!
E-gr{E}at LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER!!!

MUCHO AMOR FROM ME TO YALL
cALYS JIMENEZ