Monday, July 12, 2010

Gifts or Clothes?...

We are packed! Bruce, Ruth, Joshua, Bella and Abi...all of us in 3 large suitcases and 1 medium suitcase. I've packed and repacked those darn suitcases to make sure they don't exceed 50 lbs. I'm trying to get them at around 45 lbs, in case our scales differ from those at the airport. I was done. The job was finished. Suitcases lined up and ready to go. THEN...I decide I need more gifts to take to Colombia!

As we are not allowed to give gifts to Abi's foster mother, surely we can leave gifts for her case worker in Medellin and some of the other people that will help us along the way. Yes, I realize we've paid to have their service (through Gladney) but after we get to know our driver, our interpreter, our attorney, Abi's case worker and others...I'll want to give them a gift. I love gift-giving...it's my love language.

Just returned from Hobby Lobby to find that their crosses are 1/2 off...of course, they are! I found beautiful iron and cream colored crosses to place in a clear plastic bag with a beautiful pink, polka-dotted ribbon! Just lovely!

All that to say...I have to unload the suitcases AGAIN and rearrange because I'd much rather take GIFTS than CLOTHES.

As for my heart today...I feel strangely wonderful. I still feel the stress since our visas have not yet arrived today but I know the Lord will work this out. I feel so close to delivery, so close to holding our last baby. I can already smell the rain in Medellin. I can feel the humidity thanks to God giving us a downpour over the last few weeks in Lubbock, TX. He's also prepared me to be up and ready, whether that be in the middle of the night or early morning. Amazing that He knows how to prepare us. I wanted to take the last couple weeks to sleep-in but that certainly didn't happen. I lay awake at night, even when exhausted. I wonder what Abi will feel like? I wonder how heavy she will feel in my arms? I'm thankful that I've become more healthy and fit this year. It's about to pay off. I wonder what she will think of Josh and Bella. Oh my goodness! She will love them!!! She's about to become a little princess!

TOMORROW IS OUR DEPARTURE DATE.

TWO AND A HALF DAYS UNTIL WE MEET THE PRINCESS!

Keep the prayers and posts coming...I need them. Much love!

2 comments:

Baileys4missions said...

WOW Ruth!~ She's adorable and everything i know you imagined and more. We are thrilled for you and speechless at God's wonderful grace! Praying for your safety!
Love - The Baileys!!

Leslie said...

Ruth! So glad I ran into you at Hobby Lobby! I have been praying for you and will continue praying! What a blessed little girl Abi is to be a part of your family! God is good. Keep breathing, and don't worry! Those visas are on their way! Love you!
Leslie