We were all up and getting ready by 7am this morning because we had a 9am appointment at the court house. We dressed up, poor Josh his "dress up" outfit is the same every time. He doesn't care though. :) Vicky came at 8:30am and we raced through the morning traffic to get to the court house. Have I mentioned that yield and stop signs are merely "suggestions?" No wonder I have the same idea in the States. I'm Colombian.
We arrived early and met Nora, our attorney. She is such a delight. Always pleasant and kind, greeting each of us with a kiss on the cheek or a hand shake (for Josh). Nora stood in line and when it was her turn, she called us forward, we signed the documents to make her our Power of Attorney and we were also assigned a judge. When we are aware of our court date, I'll let you know. Some judges are quick and others are more leisure. Everyone hopes for a quick court date and turn around and so that they can head home. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I really don't want to leave Medellin. Mainly, because I don't want to leave Vicky and Doris. I feel like God is moving in Doris' heart. Yesterday, she told us that her husband stabbed her after showing me the scar. Conversation brought this up. She didn't just begin talking about her past. She was admiring our marriage and Bruce's helpfulness...which led to further conversation on her end. We were talking mostly by acting out our words. We do this alot. We laugh at each other because we look so silly. After she shared that her husband was physically abusive, I told her I was so sorry. Then she went back to cleaning the room next door. I took Bruce's Iphone and wrote, "You don't deserve to be treated that way. God wants your spouse to respect and love you, like Bruce does to me." When I walked into the room she was in and called her name, she turned around and tears were streaming down her face. I then showed her my note, held her and prayed that God would comfort her. I told her I loved her and that more importantly, God loved her. She is a precious, precious jewel to me.
As for Vicky, oh, she has our hearts!! We all just adore her. We laugh together, share our hearts and have made a beautiful friendship. I know that we will remain friends for years to come! I'm thankful God brought her into my heart and life.
As for Valeria...she's bawling right now. She does NOT want to go to sleep. She's been crying for 35 minutes and we are at our WITS END!!! She's so tired but won't allow herself to go to sleep. She's really been "trying" today. This is when our love has to overcome our feelings. We are tired of the yelling/screaming/crying. We are wanting "routine." We are tired and the enemy is working hard to pull all of us apart.
Goodnight all. I have a feeling it's going to be a very long night. Jesus Come!



5 comments:
Praying for peace to come over all of you. I know you are full aware that God prepared your family perfectly for these hard times...
.you are such an amazing, strong, spirit filled family. Love to all of you....so ready for the day we welcome the Menefee family!
I hope Josh is feeling better. This has been a very tiring and emotional time for all of you so an occassional meltdown is to be expected. All of you are physically & mentally exhausted by now. I think all of you have done amazingly well as God is your strength. I pray for you guys and I pray God will comfort Abi's little heart and give her and you peace. Your faith & dedication have inspired my heart. Hugs Bonnie
I thank the Lord for what he is doing in the spiritual realm....He is working on your family's behalf. This I believe....as I know you do. I pray that you see something today..many things actualy..straight from the Father himself that show you that he is working on your behalf in a mighty way. That all of the things on your heart are literally being mended and made whole and complete this very day. God works miracles on the behalf of the Menefee family and he loves you all.
hey menefees it is calys
yall are such a blessed family, josh i will be praying that the Lord will comfort your spirit. i will also be praying that he will comfort valerias heart soul and mind so that if yall were to wake during the night it would only be once love yall caLys
Oh Valeria ~ God is moving on your behalf in your heart and hearts of your family. God is creating in you a new heart - new normal - new hopes & dreams. May God's grace rest on you and bring you peace at night. Ruth, my heart melted when I met of you meeting Andrew. The connection, the stories of his birth mother, the beginning you once shared. My heart felt the moment. Not to mention all the hearts you are reaching (ie. Doris). God is using you and Bruce despite the tiredness. Lord, Thank you for the sweet memories you are making for my heart sister, Bruce, Bella and Joshua. Love you ~ Tia Maria Horchner
Post a Comment