I must tell you that while the boys and Abi were at the store last night, Bella and I had an adventure. We went on a picture scavenger hunt. We drew a map of the residential area that we are staying in and then we made a list of all the things we needed to find and have our picture made with...a red wall, a green leaf, a car, a waterfall, etc. It was soo much fun and just what Bella needed from me. She's such an exciting, playful and imaginative little girl!
Today we went to the zoo! Doris and her daughter, Alexandra, were supposed to meet us there but they didn't make it...sad! Our kids were less than excited to go UNTIL they saw Vicky! They LOVE Vicky and it's been a couple days since we've seen her. We got to the zoo to find that few people were there today. It rained alot this morning so maybe most decided to stay in today. It was perfect. The weather was overcast and cool but not chilly. We saw the zebras, monkeys, a big black bear, many different birds, many beautiful flowers, a lion, the largest turtle we've ever seen, snakes, frogs, a hippo taking a bath and much more. We all had a great time! Abi LOVED the monkeys. She just stared at them. She loves being outdoors too. She was a good girl. :)
Afterwards we went to the mall. The kids ate pb&j sandwiches (early) at the zoo but we decided lunch at the mall sounded good. We had a delicious meal for $30...all 6 of us...yes, Abi counts...this girl EATS!!! Bruce had a nice chat with Vicky while the kids and I walked around before our food came. She is such a love, so dear to us. After walking the mall and spending time together, we headed back home.
The kids have gone swimming while Abi and I have rested. My rest time is sitting here in this room and catching up online. She finally fell asleep for her nap after 45 minutes of yelling. She just hates going to bed. She had a nice morning nap while at the zoo, being strolled around in her stroller.
Nora called today to let us know that she had spoken to Abi's foster mother. Turns out...SHE IS SOOO SPOILED!!! She is used to having an evening bath, then some chamomile tea and you won't even believe this...A MASSAGE WITH OIL before bedtime. SERIOUSLY?! I'd love these things too. No wonder she's so mad at us!!!
I must admit, if I had received a foster child, who had been abandoned by her birth mother at 5 days old and then that same child have to go in the hospital with pneumonia for 40+ days, I'd spoil her too! She's sooo cute and that plays in her favor as well.
Bruce just left to get us dinner...you'll never guess what we are eating?!! Grilled chicken, fries and fruit...from Carulla! It's cheap and yummy! We should be growing feathers by now...soo much chicken.
Tonight the princess will be served "sleepy" tea before bedtime, along with lots of prayer. She fell asleep last night after her yell-fest of almost an hour. She did the same thing this afternoon, causing her afternoon nap to turn into an early evening nap. Hopefully, this will work in our favor and she will stay up a bit later and sleep through the night. We shall see!
Tomorrow we hope to check out an apartment that was referred to us by Dr. Torres. It's not the greatest location because it's not as close to the store as we'd like, but the apartment that Vicky was looking into for us, is still not available. We know that getting out of the same room, as a family, will be so helpful for better rest.
Time to play with the kids before Bruce arrives with dinner.



4 comments:
Praying for a full night's sleep!
Really-massage oil???
I am truly missing your family. Tell your husband that although we are blessed with David's leadership in worship, I'm missing my favorite worship leader.
Love you all,
Colleen
Oh sweet princess Abi.... "sleepy tea", a warm bath and massage oil before bedtime. A girl after my own heart...ahhhh! Wow, you truly are a princess! Sweet Ruth, May God continue to give you precious moments with all 3 of your kids. You are making amazying memories! We love you and miss you! Any dates of when you will be coming home? I will pray for sweet rest! Love - Tia Ria
I laughed out loud at the tea and massage oil...sooo funny!! I have to admit that Will asks for back massages fairly often at bedtime...but at least he doesn't know about massage oil. I cannot wait to meet this little pampered princess! She is too cute...I love all the pictures.
Wow I love it my kinda of girl. Well you know what this means God has answered your prayers. You asked that Abi would be loved by whom ever was taking care of her! You can do it stay strong it will get easier. Take this from a mama who has a spoiled princess!!! Love You!
Post a Comment